.

Sarah Michelle Gellar returning to TV

Sarah Michelle Gellar returning to TV
Sarah Michelle Gellar returning to TV. Sarah Michelle Gellar talks new show 'Ringer,' returning to TV, and her 'Buffy' fans. We all remember: Buffy saved the world… a lot. But in her new CW show, The Ringer, Sarah Michelle Gellar’s characters are mostly trying to save themselves. That’s right, characters. Identical twins to be exact. In the series, Gellar plays a woman, who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run and hides out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister — only to learn that her sister’s seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she’s trying to leave behind, according to the logline released by the network.
For Gellar, who has largely been absent from the television landscape since Buffy the Vampire Slayer went off the air in 2003, playing two characters was just about the only thing she hadn’t done in her seven seasons on the UPN/WB show. “With Buffy, I got to do so much,” the actress told EW this morning at the CW Upfront presentation. “So what do you do next? What do you do that an audience hasn’t seen you do? But bringing to life two characters and making them different, but at the same time interesting, and [showing] the similarities is definitely a challenge I’ve never done.” Gellar admits that her long time away from television was largely due to her judiciousness. ”I have the greatest fans in the world, and I loved my show. I think sometimes, too, you need that time to understand that it was a cultural phenomenon, a legacy,” she said. “I want to honor those people who were so good to me and show them something worthy of their time and worthy of them. I think it was worth the wait.”

The real judge of the show’s success will likely come when residents of the Whedon-verse get a chance to weigh in. Gellar’s confident they’ll be on board. She says, “[Buffy] was a world. And the CW is very good at creating a world and a universe.”

Her favorite part of the Ringer‘s world? The surprises. “This is the person who in the middle of The Sixth Sense yelled out, ‘Oh my, God! He’s dead!’” Gellar says about herself. “Usually I see it coming, and I didn’t see [Ringer's plot twists] coming.”
Read More:insidetv
.

Popular Posts