.
Mom didn't know she was pregnant
on Thursday, December 1, 2011
Labels:
news
Mom didn't know she was pregnant, 'I didn't know I was pregnant': Mom-of-two who didn't think she could have more children gives birth to surprise baby girl.
Like many viewers of hit TLC show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, Kim Nelson never failed to be astonished by the fact that each featured mother could be so unaware of the changes to her body.
So the mother-of-two, from Portland, Oregon, was stunned when she was admitted to hospital last week with a suspected ruptured appendix, only to discover that she was actually in labour.
Ms Nelson, who gave birth that day to a healthy 7lb baby girl, had been told in the past by doctors that her ovarian cysts meant she and fiancé Sean Anderson would not be able to have more children.
She says she had no pregnancy symptoms, as she did with her other two daughters, Aubree, nine, and Anika, three.
This time, she had no morning sickness, and attributed her weight gain to her new job in a fast food restaurant.
She told KGW.com: 'I was 39 weeks [pregnant] and didn't have the slightest clue.
'I've watched that show a million times, and I guess I can open mouth and insert foot because I can no longer say it'
'I thought the weight gain was due to to cysts I had in my ovaries and working at Dairy Queen and eating all that food.
'I didn't have the slightest idea that this little bundle of joy was in my tummy.'
She admitted she refused to believe the nurse who told her she was pregnant.
'When I got to the hospital, they're like, "can you possibly be pregnant?" and I'm like, "no!"' she recalled. 'And then they came back in and they're like, "yeah, you're pregnant."'
The new baby, named Paige Lynn Dawn Anderson, is nonetheless a welcome addition to the Nelson family.
But the similarities with the I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant show was not lost on Ms Nelson.
'I was always the type of person that was like, "How do you not know you're pregnant?"' she said.
'I've watched that show a million times, and I guess I can open mouth and insert foot because I can no longer say it.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2068142/I-didnt-know-I-pregnant-Mom-didnt-think-children-gives-birth-surprise-baby-girl.html#ixzz1fJQkkt5n
.
Popular Posts
-
Govt hikes petrol price by Rs9.99 per litre The federal government has made a startling announcement regarding petroleum prices for the sec...
-
Secret NFL Child Abuse Arrest, The New York Giants cut Michael Boley in early February and TMZ reports the move came just three days befor...
-
Ides of March filming on Miami University campus Clooney on Miami University campus for "Ides of March" film. Candice Silva A...
-
Caribbean Airline jet crashes and splits in two while landing in Guyana Caribbean Airline jet crashes and splits in two while landing in Gu...
-
Grandma Convicted Grandson, A 75-year-old woman was convicted of second-degree murder for killing her teenage grandson last spring in her De...
-
Fat Soldiers Booted, Obesity has become the leading cause of new recruits being rejected from the US Army as they struggle to meet fitness ...
-
300-Pound Romney Sign, What would you do with a 300-pound steel slab, formed in the shaped of Iowa, and emblazoned with Mitt Romney's ...
-
Inventions that never caught on Inventions that never caught on. When the first Web page went live 20 years ago on August 6, 1991, no one ...
-
Randy Travis And Overturned Truck - Police in Frisco, TX found a smashed up truck belonging to Randy Travis early Saturday morning, but a la...
-
Woman Baby Toilet China Zhaoyang, A Chinese woman gives birth in public toilets, but baby is accidentally flushed away. An emergency rescu...





