Prince Epilepsy, Prince: "I Was Born Epileptic" Prince announced Monday night on PBS' "Tavis Smiley" show that he was born with epilepsy. "I've never spoken about this before, but I was born epileptic, and I used to have seizures when I was young," he told Smiley. "My mother and father didn't know what to do or how to handle it but they did the best they could with what little they had."
Prince continued, telling Smiley about how grateful he is today as he looks back on his emotional childhood:
My mother told me one day I walked into her and said, 'Mom, I'm not gonna be sick anymore.' And she said, 'Why?' I said, 'Because an angel told me so.' Now, I don't remember saying it, that's just what she told me, and from that point on I've been having to deal with a lot of things, getting teased in school. Early in my career I tried to compensate for that by being as flashy as I could and as noisy as I could. I just looked forward to this time in my life when I could reflect back on it, and talk to people like yourself, Dr. Cornel West...when you all come over tot eh house and we sit and we just talk about heavy things, I just become thankful, I don't know.
Source:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/28/prince-i-was-born-epilept_n_192337.html
.
.
Popular Posts
-
Govt hikes petrol price by Rs9.99 per litre The federal government has made a startling announcement regarding petroleum prices for the sec...
-
Ides of March filming on Miami University campus Clooney on Miami University campus for "Ides of March" film. Candice Silva A...
-
Secret NFL Child Abuse Arrest, The New York Giants cut Michael Boley in early February and TMZ reports the move came just three days befor...
-
Caribbean Airline jet crashes and splits in two while landing in Guyana Caribbean Airline jet crashes and splits in two while landing in Gu...
-
Fat Soldiers Booted, Obesity has become the leading cause of new recruits being rejected from the US Army as they struggle to meet fitness ...
-
Grandma Convicted Grandson, A 75-year-old woman was convicted of second-degree murder for killing her teenage grandson last spring in her De...
-
300-Pound Romney Sign, What would you do with a 300-pound steel slab, formed in the shaped of Iowa, and emblazoned with Mitt Romney's ...
-
Randy Travis And Overturned Truck - Police in Frisco, TX found a smashed up truck belonging to Randy Travis early Saturday morning, but a la...
-
Inventions that never caught on Inventions that never caught on. When the first Web page went live 20 years ago on August 6, 1991, no one ...
-
Famous Jokes - Last night, Roseanne subjected herself to two hours of fat jokes, relationship mocking and career putdowns from friends and ...

