Rooney Mara’s Family Owns The New York Giants, Chris Mara’s team hammered its way into the Super Bowl. On Tuesday, his daughter was nominated for an Academy Award. Anything else? “Maybe the Masters,” Mara said jokingly. Okay, so not everything is possible for Mara, the Giants’ senior vice president of player evaluation and son of late owner Wellington Mara. But it’s been a heck of a few days.
His daughter Rooney Mara had joined the family in San Francisco and watched as the Giants beat the 49ers in overtime to win the NFC championship at Candlestick Park. Then, Tuesday morning he watched the Oscar nominations on TV as if he was going through another tense overtime.
Finally, he got to see Rooney announced as a Best Actress nominee for her depiction of Lisbeth Salander in “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
“I watched it at home by myself. I was kind of in between going to work and I didn’t want to get stuck in traffic,” Mara revealed. “So I stayed home and watched it.
“I wasn’t expecting it. I knew she was somewhere on the bubble and I really don’t know how those things work. So I let out a pretty loud roar. I cried for a while, then went to church and lit a few candles and I drove to work.”
Mara quickly called his daughter in Los Angeles.
“She was very excited. She doesn’t get very excited about many things and it was only 5:30 in the morning there.”
Rooney is up against some pretty heavy hitters in Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, Michelle Williams and Viola Davis. She’s a longshot – but back when the Giants were 7-7, they were longshots, too.
At least he won’t have to choose between the Oscars and the Super Bowl. The red carpet did win out over frozen tundra when he opted to go to the Golden Globes over the playoff game in Green Bay a couple of weeks ago.
“I know my daughter would want me to go to the Super Bowl, but I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision,” he said. “I will have to make a decision between the Academy Awards and the scouting combine but I’m kind of leaning toward the Academy Awards.”
Both Rooney and his other daughter, Kate, who also is an actress, will be in Indianapolis, as they were in the rain at The Stick.
“Kate is more of the football fan, without a doubt, but Rooney was in the stands in San Francisco watching the game, and that took a lot of bravery,” he said. “It’s a rough crowd out there. It’s not like it used to be. But then again, I think she’s learned how to handle herself after the last film,” he said, referring to all the violence in “Tattoo.”
.
.
Popular Posts
-
Govt hikes petrol price by Rs9.99 per litre The federal government has made a startling announcement regarding petroleum prices for the sec...
-
Roots of the Well Known Roots of the Well Known. President Obama retraced some of his lesser-known ancestral roots to a village in Ireland...
-
Paul Iacono gay, The actor, 23, came out as a gay man publicly in an interview with The Village Voice Wednesday. (In his new MTV show, Ken...
-
Celebs Who Love Horses Almost every little kid dreams of someday owning a pony, but this childhood fantasy doesn't always come to frui...
-
Man Thousands HIV Infected Man charged in 2nd HIV-spreading case David Smith's bond raised to $100K at arraignment A Kent County judge ...
-
30 Year Mortgage Low , 30-year mortgage rate holds at record low. Rates on 30-year fixed mortgages remained at an all-time record low for th...
-
Best Car Chases Best car chases. We’re talking real chases people. No racing, no traveling to random accidents… You know, good guys chasin...
-
Woman Baby Toilet China Zhaoyang, A Chinese woman gives birth in public toilets, but baby is accidentally flushed away. An emergency rescu...
-
Nun Response to Boyfriend Our Sister has Chosen the Path She Want, The couple : When Patrizia Masoero decided to take religious vows and be...
-
Strictly Nancy: 'I was one of the best' 'Strictly Come Dancing' Nancy Dell'Olio: 'I was one of the best' Nancy ...
