Harry Hill Gromit Sculpture, Harry Hill has unveiled his giant sculpture of Gromit - the popular plasticine dog from the animated series.
The three-time Bafta winner is an eager artist and his design is the first to be shown in Bristol as part of a Gromit Unleashed project. The project, backed by Destination Bristol and VisitEngland, will see around 70 giant Gromits spring up across the city for 10 weeks from July 1.
The TV Burp presenter joked that he wanted his design to "raise awareness of male baldness".
He said: "Wallace and Gromit have world fame and are iconic British characters - it's like being given Mickey Mouse, you feel a certain responsibility before you start to splash the paint on. I decided my Gromit should raise awareness of male baldness. I'm not quite bald but I'm balding, so I've shaved Gromit back to his pink skin and put a bit of stubble on him."
The comedian's 1.5 metre high sculpture went on display at Wallace and Gromit's Aardman Studios in front of the character's creator Nick Park.
It is the first from around 40 artists local to Bristol, which will all be auctioned to raise money for Wallace And Gromit's Grand Appeal, the Bristol Children's Hospital Charity.
Wallace and Gromit's creator Nick Park said: "I've always loved Harry's work. When I found out he was an artist I thought who better to approach. He was so generous and immediately said yes. I'm incredibly precious about Gromit so it's been quite nerve wracking for me waiting to see what designs come back, but I think Harry's is quite stunning and funny."
Other sculptures by famous names include Gromit's creator Nick, Aardman co-founder Peter Lord, Raymond Briggs, the man behind The Snowman, and Axel Scheffler, who drew the children's character The Gruffalo.
The Gromit Unleashed Project is being run with Wild in Art, an arts company which specialises in mass participation events in cities, and lasts from July 1 to September 7 in Bristol.
.
.
Popular Posts
-
Govt hikes petrol price by Rs9.99 per litre The federal government has made a startling announcement regarding petroleum prices for the sec...
-
Roots of the Well Known Roots of the Well Known. President Obama retraced some of his lesser-known ancestral roots to a village in Ireland...
-
Paul Iacono gay, The actor, 23, came out as a gay man publicly in an interview with The Village Voice Wednesday. (In his new MTV show, Ken...
-
30 Year Mortgage Low , 30-year mortgage rate holds at record low. Rates on 30-year fixed mortgages remained at an all-time record low for th...
-
Spanish bank puts up Cristiano Ronaldo as collateral. Cristiano Ronaldo, the most expensive footballer in history, has joined the European ...
-
Woman Baby Toilet China Zhaoyang, A Chinese woman gives birth in public toilets, but baby is accidentally flushed away. An emergency rescu...
-
Tom Sizemore Attack, Steals His Guitars, On Thursday night, a man allegedly assaulted actor Tom Sizemore in his apartment and stole some g...
-
Nun Response to Boyfriend Our Sister has Chosen the Path She Want, The couple : When Patrizia Masoero decided to take religious vows and be...
-
Unique Love Stories, Love stories i have ever read. Stories that show love in new ways. Stories that make love: "Love is strange,...
-
Most Dangerous Toys Most Dangerous Toys. Little Tikes Toy Workshops and Trucks On August 13, 2009, the Little Tikes Company recalled more t...

