.

Unlikely Celebrity Friendships

In a world of hard to find friendships, it seems that there are some unlikely celebrity friendships as well.  Odd often attracts odd, right? I know for me, especially as a grown woman and married mother, that friends are far and few in between. In fact, my two best friends are in other states and our friendship, thanks to social media, grows every day, but I wish we had the means to be closer.
I think an unlikely friendship would be the queen and snoop dog…but no such luck.
Here are other

Michael Jackson and Elizbeth Taylor
 This one always puzzled me. The king of pop and the queen of divorces made an unlikely friendship and bonded over their childhood star pasts. After Micheal died in 2009 *(can you believe its been that long?) Elizabeth was quoted as saying
“I don’t think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest, most giving love I’ve ever known. Oh God! I’m going to miss him. I can’t yet imagine life with out him. I guess with God’s help … I’ll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, ‘To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.’ And, I will love HIM forever.”
Jimmy Fallon and Mario Batali
 Talk about  a Bromance! Celebrity Chef Mario Batali has appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon quite often and the pair have been seen crusing the sunset strip. Perhaps Mario cooks for Jimmy…
Jon Bon Jovi and New England Patriot coach Bill Belichick




Snoop Dogg and David Beckham
 Well its no Queen of England, but the latest best friend odd couple is this super soccer star and rapper-gone-family. This past July while sharing a meal together (how bromantic!) the couple was serenade by a waitress.  Her humiliation alone was probably not worth firing her.
Beckham said this of the incident:
“The place had cleared and this waitress came over and said, ‘I can sing’ so I was like, ‘Oh my god’. Snoop sat back and said, ‘Go on then, sing for me’. She stood there and sang this whole song for Snoop, it really made me laugh and I was a bit embarrassed. She was. alright.”
Elton John and Eminem

Quite possibly the biggest odd couple around, hip hop star Marshall Mathers has leaned quite often on Mega star Elton John for support and a shoulder.
Elton said this about Eminem:
“I’ve been helping Eminem in the last 18 months and he is doing brilliantly,” he said, going on to refer to his own successful struggle with addiction. “When you give it up, you tend to think everybody else has given it up, but of course it is just as prevalent as it ever was. And nowadays pills, such as downers, are even more damaging.”
Will Smith and Tom Cruise
 I would be more likely to see Tom Cruise and John Travolta as friends, but the two friends have bonded over religious beliefs (however odd they  may be).  In fact, Will has often defending Cruise in the media regarding religion. Now that’s a good friend.
Mel Gibson and Brittany Spears


Since Brittany needs some positive influence in her often tumultuous life, we are going to recommend she find some new friends STAT. But the two have been seen even vacationing together in Costa Rica. I guess misery loves company.
Other unlikey match-ups include:
  • Naomi Campbell and Sarah Brown (wife of a former prime minister)
  • Barak Obama and Jay-Z (they say he is on speed dial)
  • Designer Vivienne Westood and Pamela Anderson
  • Prince Harry and DJ Goldie
Wanna see more celebrity odd couples? Momdot
.

Popular Posts