.

Pierce Brosnan Retained Citizenship In


Pierce Brosnan Retained Citizenship In, Pierce Brosnan was born in Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland on May 16, 1953. Brosnan was an only child whose father, Thomas, worked as a carpenter, and mother, May, worked as a nurse. Brosnan considers Navan, County, Meath, to be his hometown. He lived his first 12 years there before his parents split, and he moved to London with his mother.


Brosnan worked as a stage manager in London and studied drama, picking up theater work where he could find it. He also studied to be a painter and considered a career as a commercial illustrator but couldn’t stay away from the theater.

Brosnan says he “got lucky” when he came to America. He says he didn’t get serious about seeking citizenship for over two decades.

He finally became a U.S. citizen on Sept. 23, 2004. He says he had no choice in the matter. President George W. Bush made him do it.

"I had to! I became an American so I could have a voice and vote Bush out of office,” Brosnan said while filming in the Bahamas in 2004. “It is tragic what he has done, from the war in Iraq - where are the weapons of mass destruction? - to the environment. I have lived in America for 23 years, I have an American wife (Keely Shaye Smith), three American sons, and I love this country and it saddens me to see what Bush has done."

Brosnan also has retained his Irish citizenship, saying, “Irishness is in everything I do. It’s the spirit of who I am.”
.

Popular Posts